[parisc-linux] installation..... new problems..

Maneesh Singhal maneesh@india.hp.com
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 19:57:05 +0530 (IST)

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Joel Soete wrote:

> Hello Maneesh,
>
> >        selection .. Bus reset detected ..." etc. etc.
>
> This sound like a problem I met a time ago: the scsi chain was opened
> (ie during test I forgot to reconnect the scsi terminator to my external
> drive).
>
> If a scsi terminator is well connected may be could it be defective (or
> a one not corresponding to your scsi interface logicaly Single-Ended if
> your CD is connected to the narrow single-ended conector)?

Thanx Joel,

	Exactly this was the problem, my scsi cable was loose, and also
	didn't have the terminator.. Anyway, now I installed the system.

	One new question : I am unable to start my X , whenever I do
	startx it says

	"Fatal Server Error :
	no screen found "

	Can anybody tell me why it is happening so ??????

	Also my machine is not able to connect to any other machine...
	though I configured the network !!!

	Thanx again for all the helps !!