[parisc-linux] StiFB-Problems [off]

diab diab@diab.rulez.org
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:32:00 +0100

> And a last question (a little OT): I want to buy a CD-ROM for my box.
> Which one fits the bay with the panel? I tried a Plextor TS-40, but it
> was a bit to large.
I was able to fit my 32x plextor "into" the same 715/100.
Had some trouble with the power connector, but it can be worked out. Try to
pull it out a bit
so it can be bent towards the right direction.
You might try to remove the metal "case" that holds the cd, put it in there
and screw
the metal case back w/ the cd-rom in it. I might be wrong about the exact
method because it was like 3-4 months ago, but the 32x plextor is still in
the 715/100 (and is working perfectly:)
good luck w/ the hw wrestling :)
-
diab