735 and SCSI (was: Re: [parisc-linux] Firmware upgraded, STI console problem)

Phil Anderson andersop@neverland.ncssm.edu
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 13:58:03 -0500 (EST)

On 13 Dec 2001, Ryan Bradetich wrote:

> On Wed, 2001-12-12 at 22:20, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 07:41:57PM -0900, Tom wrote:
> > > By all means, feel free to post corrections, either here or direct to
> > > me, and I'll update it. Also, if someone can think of something else
> > > useful for it, just ask... (Perhaps the minimum kernel revision needed?)
> >
> > E, F, G, H, I class aren't supported straight off the CD; they require
> > additional changes, AIUI.  Not to mention no support for their SCSI
> > adapters.  K mostly works... similar problems to E.  D & R should work
> > fine (problem with D class with remote management console).  735's FWDiff
> > scsi doesn't work.
>
> 755 has the same FWDiff as the 735 (outfield) so it doesn't work either.

So that would explain why none my 735's can detect hard drives.

I can boot off a CD on the regular scsi, and even though the boot_admin
will detect my disks debian won't.

so has _anyone_ gotten a 735 working or anything? I have 7 of them that
are taking up space in my dorm room, and two 755's under the desk that
server the same purpose...

-phil