[parisc-linux] What keywords should I use to find the answer?

Edward Alfert edward@alfert.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 23:42:30 -0500

#1) I successfully installed 0.9.3 on a C240!!!
#2) it works if I use the serial console.  Absolutely no problems... Was
able to use dselect after install to install graphical environment (x11,
gnome, and kde)
#3) I want to use a graphical console (my color monitor) that does
support the following resolutions 1280 x 1024 @ 72 , 1280 x 1024 @ 75,
and 1024 x 768 @ 72.
#4) if disconnect the serial connection, plug in the ps2 mouse and ps2
keyboard and the monitor to the graphics card (system detects Console
path: Graphics(4))
#5) the system gets as far as:
Branching to kernel entry point 0x00100000.  If this is the last
message you see, you may need to switch your console.  This is
a common symptom -- search the FAQ and mailing list at parisc-linux.org

A) the FAQ is short and I can't find any reference. I have read it
several time. either it's not there or I'm blind
B) I tried searching the lists on parisc-linux.org but the search
feature doesn't return any hits for "0x00100000" or "switch your
console"
C) I manually searched over 1 years' worth of archives but didn't find
an answer

?) Does 0.9.3 support the graphics card on a c240? Or only serial?
?) If only serial, how do you get a gui environment like gnome of kde to
interact with this version of linux?
?) am I just clueless?

Thanks for any and all feedback...
http://www.sysadmin.info/