[parisc-linux] tulip driver

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:36:03 -0700

Sonny Cook wrote:
> What is the state of the tulip driver currently?

Stable - I don't think tulip's your problem.

> The kernel I used is 2.4.16-pa16.  During
> the boot process, the kernel just locks up after reporting that it has
> freed some memory.

Helge enabled freeing bootmem and it was disabled again because of such
lock-ups. At least until all extra __init's get removed.
I think it's disabled since 2.4.16-pa18 or -pa19.
So tulip is just a victim here and not a culprit.

> Any advice, or hint as to where to start looking would be appreciated.

Pull newer kernel source or disable the #if 1 that was enabled in -pa14.
See parisc-linux-cvs archive for details.

grant