[parisc-linux] 0.9.3-rc6 -> final, apt, and rsync

Richard Higson richard.higson@gt.owl.de
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:14:41 +0100

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 11:26:32PM -0700, Matt Taggart wrote:
> To: parisc-linux@parisc-linux.org
> From: Matt Taggart <taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com>
> Subject: [parisc-linux] 0.9.3-rc6 -> final, apt, and rsync
> Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 23:26:32 -0700
>
> Hi palinuxers,
>
> Hopefully you've seen the 0.9.3 announcement.
>
> After much testing the 0.9.3 release candidate 6 was declared the final
> 0.9.3. So if you grabbed either of the -rc6 isos you already have the
> right thing. The 0.9.3 isos are based on woody. If you have installed a
> previous release and have a decent net connection there's no need to
> reinstall, you can seamlessly upgrade using apt-get.
CONFIRM: Yesterday evening I just did
`apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get moo`
which took a while, but mostly just worked ;-)

I also ran dselect through `update, select, install, configure, remove` menus
to make sure that apt-* and dpkg-* are in sync.
(This might be habit -  I've been doing it since Bo/Rexx and it just seems to work ;-)

It seemed to clean up any rough edges that might have been accumulated over the
months ;-)

This was on a
cpu family      : PA-RISC 1.1d
cpu             : PA7100LC (PCX-L)
cpu MHz         : 100.000000
model           : 9000/715
model name      : Mirage 100

Next move is to see if I can compile & boot from kernel-source-2.4.16-hppa.tar.bz2
natively.

Outstanding work, people; Thank You all.

Richard -
--
Unix:        Your gun, Your bullet, Your foot, Your choice.
M$-CE/ME/NT: Same as Unix, BUT: No choice, and We Aim Higher.