[parisc-linux] Building from scratch.

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 20:44:58 +0100

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 03:22:21PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell Jr. wrote:
> That's odd, I built it fine.

Yes, but you were crosscompiling.  `make install' is very different
with a crossbuild.

> What is running at the moment? One of the binutils or gcc?
> It should most definately not segfault in any of the _dl_xxxxx routines ;)

THe program which is being run is
/home/willy/glibc/2.2.4-1/glibc-2.2.4/hppa-linux/obj/timezone/zic; glibc
is making sure it's run with the new ld.so and all the new versions of
the libs.

Have you actually tried installing glibc 2.2.4-1 on a live system and
running programs with it?

> I grabbed the glibc2.2.4 from the debian pool (orig.tar.gz), then applied
> the 2.2.4-1 patch, followed by running the glibc22-hppa.dpatch (since I
> don't have any deb tools).
>
> The last two patches should probably have been run in the reverse order,
> could this be the crux?

It's more likely that one of the other debian patches conflicts with
what we're doing.  The debian/rules file will apply the patches in the
debian/patches directory in the order given by debian/patches/0list.
I seem to remember a couple of other diffs that need to get applied...

> I'm still very confused about the ia64 stuff that wants to get touched
> by the glibc22-hppa.dpatch?

That's changing all the testandset to trylock.