[parisc-linux] Users staying up to date.

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:14:17 -0600

"Carlos O'Donell Jr." writes...

> I think the main issue was that we were using a _really_ old kernel.
> Which didn't have a lot of the later patches for the older 715 boxes.
>
> I'm currently trying to roll the toolchain from start to end, and
> automate the process a little. BTW, is there any automation setup for
> building the toolchain?

For an x86 -> hppa/hppa64 cross toolchain I use the palinux-autobuilder script
in the build-tools section of pehc cvs.

For a native hppa toolchain use the debian packages(which several people
worked very hard on in order to get working so we didn't have to deal with
building by hand).

For hppa -> hppa64 cross compilers I still do it by hand.

Are you rolling your own toolchain for fun, or is the stuff on pehc not
meeting your needs?

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation