[parisc-linux] C180 netbooting

nick@snowman.net nick@snowman.net
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:21:10 -0400 (EDT)

I'm not even getting that far.  I can't get the linux kernel to start
booting, I always get errors along the lines of
Current command line:
vmlinux HOME=/ TERM=vt100 root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=172.16.1.1:/mnt
console=ttyS0
 0: vmlinux
 1: HOME=/
 2: TERM=vt100
 3: root=/dev/nfs
 4: nfsroot=172.16.1.1:/mnt
 5: console=ttyS0
Edit which field?
(or 'b' to boot with this command line)? b
Kernel: partition 0 file vmlinux
ERROR: Read from boot device failed (status = -3).
byteio_read: seekread() returned -1 expected 2048

I'm assumeing paramater 0 is set wrong, but I've tried 0/vmlinux and
vmlinux, neither work.  What should I set it to?  Should I use a different
lif image?  Where can I get a lifimage known to work for this?
	Thanks
		Nick