[parisc-linux] Re: [palinux-0.9.2] Where are the compilers (c, c++) ?

Reinhard Gimbel Reinhard.Gimbel@freenet.de
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 21:10:25 +0200

> > After successfully installing palinux-0.9.2 on my 715/64
> > I'm looking for the compilers (c, c++) ...
>
> It looks like you didn't add the debian apt sources to your
> /etc/apt/sources.list.  binutils is at 2.11.90.0.27-1
> currently, for example.  Make sure you have gcc-3.0 installed
> (from the archive; current version for hppa is
> 3.0.1-0pre010811).

/etc/apt/sources.list contains one line which point to my local
CD-ROM drive

'man apt-get' and man 'sources.list' result in 'No manual entry
for ...'

'apt-get install gcc' results in:

----- 8< ----- 8< ----- 8< ----- 8< ----- 8< -----

root@frog # apt-get install gcc
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, gcc is already the newest version.
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  cpp: Depends: cpp-3.0 but it is not installable
  g++: Depends: g++-3.0 but it is not installable
       Depends: gcc-3.0 but it is not installable
  gcc: Depends: gcc-3.0 but it is not installable
       Depends: cpp-3.0 but it is not installable
  libstdc++3-dev: Depends: g++-3.0 (>= 1:3.0-1) but it is not
installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no
packages (or specify a .

----- 8< ----- 8< ----- 8< ----- 8< ----- 8< -----

The output of apt-get says that there is something essential
missing to install the C compiler environment or ot get a
running C/C++ development environment ...

The only data I have got at present is from the CD-ROM image
'palinux-0.9.2' (approx. 130 MB)

The folder tree below
'ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/binary-hppa' holds only
a few deb-files (no C compilers as I would need to solve my
problem) which mainly are links to binary-all.

So there seems to be no hppa-related stuff at least at the
original debian server ...

Reinhard.