[parisc-linux] toolchain

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:19:25 -0600

DraX wrote:
> xMach will soon be talking the PA-Mach port from Utah and merging it in to
> our source tree, but we are in need of a new PA-RISC toolchain.

xMach is another kernel+OS?

Just had a flashback...the unix wars are *not* over...they've somehow
shifted to a sort-of-voluntary army. :^(

> Is the PA-Linux team now the maintainers of it?

No. We don't maintain it any more than anyone else. AFAIK, all of
the changes the parisc-linux port needs are back upstream to the gcc
and binutils maintainers.

BTW, Kudos again to the random collection of people who've worked on it for
the past couple of years.

> If so could someone give a little
> less linux oriented instructions for building the tool chain?

Though someone might be able to answer your question, I'd expect
better results by querying an xMach mailing list.

grant

Grant Grundler
parisc-linux {PCI|IOMMU|SMP} hacker
+1.408.447.7253