[parisc-linux] XFree86 on B180

Helge Deller helge.deller@sap.com
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:54:35 +0200

Hi Thomas

On Sunday 05 August 2001 16:48, Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 12:45:01PM +0200, Helge Deller wrote:
> > Currently stifb will run on most 712 and 715 machines, while B160, B180,
> > C3000 and most others won't.
>
> you saw X on the B180 I had at LinuxTag:-) Treating the EG VISULIZE as an
> artist graphics card did the trick.

... and including this patch/assumption would break too many other machines
(esp. 64bit machines, e.g. the c3k) and make the kernel unusable for much
more people.
But I now have contact to someone inside HP which has far more knowledge
than me about STI and we're working on a cleaner solution (at least as far as
my time permits me currently).

Greetings,
Helge