[parisc-linux] XFree86 on B180

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jo=EBl_Soete?= jso@europay.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 13:21:23 +0200

Hello Helge,

Thanks a lot for information,
     Joel

                                                                           =
                                       =20
                    Helge Deller                                           =
                                       =20
                    <helge.deller        To:     Jo=EBl Soete/BRU/MASTERCAR=
D@MASTERCARD,                            =20
                    @sap.com>            parisc-linux@lists.parisc-linux.or=
g@SMTP@EUROPAY,                        =20
                                         debian-hppa@lists.debian.org@SMTP@=
EUROPAY                                =20
                    03-08-01             cc:                               =
                                       =20
                    12:45 PM             Subject:     Re: [parisc-linux] XF=
ree86 on B180                          =20
                                                                           =
                                       =20
                                                                           =
                                       =20

http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2001-June/012928.html

> With kernels 2.4.0-32 and 2.4.6 xdm failed because:
> "(EE) No devices detected.
>
> Fatal server error:
> no screen found.
> ..."

Hi Jo=EBl,

The only way to get XFree86 running on parisc atm is to use the
XFree86-fbgen (framebuffer)
driver in conjunction with the kernel stifb driver. This means, that if you
see the graphical
pengiun (TUX) at bootup on your screen, XFree86 should  run. If you don't
see it, you have a
not yet by stifb supported graphic chip in your machine.
Currently stifb will run on most 712 and 715 machines, while B160, B180,
C3000 and most
others won't.

Greetings,
Helge

THE BEST RUN E-BUSINESSES RUN SAP

Helge Deller                            email: helge.deller@sap.com
SAP AG Walldorf/Baden, Germany
LinuxLab

SAP LinuxLab support address: linux@sap.com

This e-mail and any attachments to it may contain confidential information =
which is strictly intended for the use of the authorised recipient.  If you=
 have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender=
 by replying to this e-mail.
Thank you for your co-operation.