[parisc-linux] dev-packages

Andrew Shugg andrew@neep.com.au
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 13:25:33 +0800

Quoth Bjoern A. Zeeb:
> On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > They're all available in the debian archive.  I don't think we have
> > plans to produce any more CDs until the Debian Woody release (probably
> > December).
>
> Could you point me to some URL (incl. subdir) please ?

If you've got apt configured (/etc/apt/apt.conf, /etc/apt/sources.list)
then you don't need to worry about finding things directly.  After doing
an 'apt-get update' to fetch the current Packages files and rebuild the
local package database, you can say 'apt-cache search foo' and it will
show you all the packages called foo or with foo in their description.
A simple 'apt-get install foo-dev' will download and install the foo-dev
package and any other package it may require according to its
dependencies.

For more info & discussion on actual Debian issues rather than the
actual development of the hppa-linux kernel and toolchain have a look at
the debian-hppa mailing list (on the Debian website).

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."