[parisc-linux] C180 problem

Eric Schnoebelen eric@cirr.com
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:06:50 -0500

"Anthony Mori" writes:
- Before I changed the Fastboot, When the machine was turned on,
- LED's 2,3,4 were on briefly, then they went out, and LED 1 stayed on.
- Then after a briedf pause, 2,3,4 would start flickering as if it was doing
- something (which it was).
-
- Now, 2,3,4 turn on briefly, then go out, and LED 1 turns on, and that's
- it. Nothing else. No video, nothing (A4071B video card)

	Which LED is `1'?  (whats the lab beside it?)

	According to the C Class (c1x0, c2x0, c3x0) service
handbook, 'net-in' (top or right) LED lit, with no others means
`no memory found.' (with a further comment of ``Likely cause:
SIMMs or processor board'').

	There is fault that leaves the hearbeat LED lit (at
least, not according to the documentation.) The SCSI access LED
lit means ``Processor board fault'' (my C110 currently suffers
this.)

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
	There has been an alarming increase in the number of things