[parisc-linux] Bug in kernel: console support STI/serial

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@alcatel.at
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:05:45 +0200

Hello,
	thanks for the prompt answer.

First of all Linux supports more than one console,
(defined with commans behind `console='), but this
is not the toppic here.

In a normal (iX86) linux kernel many console supports
can be activated (per config), but only one (!) of these
consoles are used !

So I compiled in support for serial and support for
STI, but I only use STI (default, no `console='
parameter used).

The output shows the usage of STI, too. So Linux decide
to use STI, but the output (and input) is done on the
serial console driver. This is really a bug.

The HELP button in for serial console support definitly
"says", that this only activates the support, but the
serial console is only used, if `console=ttyS0' is
specified.

-----

BTW: Is there anyone who knows how to activate
serial console on the 712/60 in the PDC console.
Normally "path console" or "path keyboard" can be
used. But not on 712/60 !!

-------

With friendly regards
	Christph Plattner