[parisc-linux] identifying my HP

Russ Pridemore pridemore@charter.net
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:07:13 -0400 (EDT)

I inherited a decommisioned HP 700 workstation and I'm planning on putting
Linux on it as time permits.  First of all, I'm not certain of what I have
here!  Its a pizza-box that says Apollo series 700 on the front.  Under the
little cover with the LEDs, it says model A1950A...

I don't have an HIL kbd or mouse, a monitor with RGB BNC connectors, or
even a SCSI hard drive to plug in (doesn't seem to be an internal drive),
but want to hook up a serial console and try to boot Linux through NFS
from my Intel-Linux machine.  Should be a learning experience, to say the
least. :-)

Any help would be most appreciated,
Russ