FW: [parisc-linux] How do I use the FW scsi on 735?

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 18:51:35 +0100

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 05:02:58PM +0100, Richard Hirst wrote:
> > > Forgot to mention, it's a custom kernel - there is a chance I
> > > left out the necessary drivers. What is the driver for the FW
> > > SCSI controller on the 735 please?
>
> I don't know, the relevant line from your boot messages is
>
> 7. Outfield FW SCSI (10) at 0xf0830000, versions 0x9, 0x0, 0x7c, 0x0, 0x0
>
> anyone like to comment on what that device is?

The relevant document is still missing from the linuxcare website,
despite a bug filed against it for over a month now.  Fortunately,
I kept a copy of the old website active, so you can view it at
http://puffin.external.hp.com/parisc/hp9000_models.html

The relevant quote is:

 The PCXS and PCXT models include the NCR 53C700 device at various
SCSI-Clock rates for the built-in Single-Ended (SE) SCSI controller.
These older models use the NCR 53C720 (40 MHz) SCSI controller (where
supported) with the Outfield (O) chip for the built-in SCSI controller
for the Fast-Wide-Differential (FWD) SCSI bus.  The PCXS and PCXT models
do not provide support for an internal PC Floppy drive.

> You probably ought to include CONFIG_SCSI_LASI, CONFIG_SCSI_ZALON, and
> CONFIG_SCSI_SYM53C8XX, and see if it makes a diference, but I'm not
> expecting it to.

So it seems like we need to find you an Outfield device & docs :-)