[parisc-linux] Problems with glibc

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:20:57 +0100

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 07:10:43PM +0200, Andreas Thienemann wrote:
> while trying to compile the current glibc snapshot from the puffin-cvs, make
> segfaults:
> Has anyone ever experienced a similar problem? This segfault is
> reproducable and it's the first time that happened. gcc did compile
> correct, the same with the kernel itself.

Yes, I was getting it too.  After my recent kernel checkin to fix the
stat64 struct, I was able to build glibc successfully.  My theory is that
glibc was trying to call the *stat64 syscalls and the kernel was happily
writing all over user memory.  I would be grateful if you updated your
(running) kernel to head of CVS and tried building glibc again.