[parisc-linux] Re: OK, let's try cleaning up another nit. Is anyone paying attention?

Matthew Wilcox willy@ldl.fc.hp.com
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:00:03 -0600

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 03:47:43PM -0400, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> CONFIG_BINFMT_SOM: arch/parisc/config.in arch/parisc/defconfig
>
> Not used in code anywhere.  Can you get rid of this one?

Code not merged yet.

> CONFIG_DMB_TRAP: arch/parisc/kernel/sba_iommu.c
> CONFIG_FUNC_SIZE: arch/parisc/kernel/sba_iommu.c
>
> Would you please take these out of the CONFIG_ namespace?  Changing the
> prefix to CONFIGURE would do nicely.

Grant?  This is your code.

> CONFIG_GENRTC: arch/parisc/defconfig
>
> This is a typo for GEN_RTC.  Please fix it or get rid of it.

in our tree it's in drivers/char/Makefile:

obj-$(CONFIG_GENRTC) += genrtc.o

this code was written by Sam Creasey as part of the sun3 port, and he
schlepped it into our tree too.  we have no GEN_RTC in our tree.

> CONFIG_HIL: arch/parisc/defconfig
>
> Looks like an orphan.  Can you get rid of it?

code not yet merged.

> CONFIG_SERIAL_GSC: drivers/char/serial.c arch/parisc/defconfig
>
> That reference pattern looks kind of weird.  Is this a bug?

it's old and needs to die properly.  i haven't had time to fix that yet.