[parisc-linux] kernel panic using cpio from cdrom to disk.

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 12:07:14 -0600

Richard Hirst wrote:
> This is interesting, my tests worked fine, but when I tried to reboot
> (typed 'init 6'), it blew up:

was in-mem data being sync'd to disk?

> Like Ryans crash, PSW has only the Q bit set - data translation is
> turned off.  I guess that means the IAOQ values are real addresses, so I
> added 0x10000000 before looking them up in System.map.  In my case, it
> died on the "rsm 8,r0" under os_hpmc_5 in arch/parisc/kernel/hpmc.S.

That would suggest two things:
1) the box HPMC'd in both cases - look at PIM dump for more info
2) we have a bug in our HPMC handler that PDC tries to call (in real mode).
   Perhaps one of the asm gods (or even demi-gods :^) could look at
   hpmc.S and the path to get there.

grant

Grant Grundler
parisc-linux {PCI|IOMMU|SMP} hacker