[parisc-linux] Re: OK, let's try cleaning up another nit. Is anyone paying attention?

Alan Cox alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:08:25 +0100 (BST)

> What is the right procedure for doing changes like this?  Is "don't
> touch that tree" a permanent condition, or am I going to get a chance
> to clean up the global CONFIG_ namespace after your next merge-down?

Feeding arch related stuff to the architecture maintainers.

> That's the main thing I'm after right now -- I want to cut down on
> the false positives in my orphaned-symbol reports so that the actual
> bugs will stand out.

Teach it to read a 'symbolstoignore' file.

Part of the problem you are hitting right now is that most architectures are
not yet fully in sync with 2.4 nor likely to all be for another few iterations.