[parisc-linux] Clock skew problems

Andreas Thienemann andreas@thienemann.net
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 20:18:33 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Grant,

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Grant Grundler wrote:

> Everytime one updates the kernel time and it gets set *back*,
> make will notice the derived objects (ie libdb.a) are newer than
> current time and complain.
Yes, I knew that. I still can remember when it happened to me for the
first time. I was a fresh linux novice running RedHat 3.0.3 and  compiling
his first kernel when I played with the timeconfig panel in another
xterm. Whoaps! One failed build attempt. ;)

> I'm assuming the A500 has a good RTC.
I've got a 821/D250 and I don't know anything about the accuracy of the
RTC clock.
But hwclock tells me the following:

[root@hp9000 root]# hwclock
Thu Apr 19 20:17:25 2001  -1.063290 seconds

> I'll submit a bug for you.
Thanks!

bye,
 andreas