[parisc-linux] 9000/730 booting but SCSI Problems (mke2fs)

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:49:20 +0100

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 02:59:50PM +0100, Jeff Arthur wrote:
> Thanks Richard, the commnad line change you described seems
> to have worked a treat.

Hmm, so it seems the sim700 driver has problems with disconnect/reselect
enabled, on your system at least.  I'll do some testing here.

> My problem has now moved on, have got all things up and running
> of the hard disk now, but a few key exes are hanging, rpc.lockd,
> nscd, tar etc.
>
> The ones in the init i have got around by removing the entries from
> rcx.d etc, but not being able to use tar is a pain.
>
> >From posts around feb it looked like there was a known problem
> with spinlock.  Has any progress been made in that area?

As Matthew said, that is fixed.  You might try a new base tarball from
<ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/debian/basetars/>.

Richard