[parisc-linux] One further step ... success: My E55 (9000/856) runs bash-2.04 via PDC

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@dot.at
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 00:18:47 +0200

One further step !

I saw in pdc_cons.c (under arch/parisc/kernel/) that the device
'ttyB'... is
defined for the PDC console. So I changed the driver and added the
driver
as "device" in pdc_cons.c, in the console structure.

So no the thing is accessed in the correct way. The /dev/console is
original
(major=5, minor=1) and not a link to anywhere, and the kernel command
line
has the string "console=ttyB0". (/dev/ttyB0 is major=30, minor=0) !

With friendly regards

	Christoph

PS: I wrote these last mails, because there are some E45/E55 users out
there,
and they are not happy not being able to boot linux. Now there is a way
to use
it via NFS ROOT with the following restrictions:

	- Only port ttyB0 is usable (polling driver, only port 0 console of
MDP)
	- No SCSI support (only NFS ROOT !)
	- nO support of the parallel port.