[parisc-linux] FB cleanups

Jes Sorensen jes@linuxcare.com
13 Apr 2001 18:48:28 +0200

>>>>> "Matthew" == Matthew Wilcox <matthew@wil.cx> writes:

Matthew> On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 12:56:01AM +0200, Jes Sorensen wrote:
>> Then Linus changed his mind. You are still *only* supposed to use
>> readb/writeb on PCI (and possible ISA) on PCI like devices.

Matthew> I've heard this before.  But no-one ever came up with an
Matthew> example of what _was_ `PCI-like'.  Since right now our writeb
Matthew> is #defined to gsc_writeb, that leads me to believe GSC is
Matthew> sufficiently PCI-like.

Well time to go study the bus behaviors and compare them then. How
does gsc behave wrt cache coherency, read-around-write, write ordering
etc etc.

Using writeb on a gsc is misleading everybody else who reads the code
into believing that it's a PCI device.

Jes