[parisc-linux] EISA bus on 735

van de Werken, Matthew (DEM, PH) M.Vandewerken@cat.csiro.au
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 09:26:03 +1000

Hi folks:

I have a couple of HP735's, I would like to run Linux on these. However, I
want to know how to get the disk image onto the drive. I have a couple of
options, but my preferred one is to initially boot over the network.
However, I only have the FDDI network. Can I use a "standard" ISA network
card in the EISA slot? Can I use a boot ROM in this ISA network card? If I
can, where would I get the boot ROM image to put on said boot ROM?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Matthew van de Werken
Electronics Engineer
CSIRO Exploration & Mining - Gravity Group
1 Technology Court - Pullenvale - Qld - 4069
ph:  (07) 3327 4685     fax:  (07) 3327 4455
email:  m.vandewerken@cat.csiro.au (w) mvdw73@one.net.au (h)