[parisc-linux] Status of support for (E)ISA bus

Matthew van de Werken mvdw73@one.net.au
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:22:09 +1000

Hi folks:

What's the status of the support for the (E)ISA bus on the hppa port of
Linux, specifically to support the 735/99 workstation? I'd like to use an
ISA card which has linux/x86 support, and have noted that (apparently) the
EISA bus has support on my machine, but what does this mean with regards to
specific cards? If someone can give me a definite answer on this I'd really
appreciate it, as I'm sure others reading would also.

Does the fact that the EISA bus is supported mean that *any* (read: most)
card(s) with x86-linux drivers will work (assuming a driver recompile)? Or
is this a naive assumption?

Whether or not I use hppa-linux depends more or less on the answer to this
question.

Regards,
Matt van de Werken.