[parisc-linux] Many experience done on 720, but `init' fails !!

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 14:52:08 -0600

Christoph Plattner writes...

> SO I build sash, a also build a bash (shared and static !), I build
> fileutils, text-utils, shell-utils, etc, etc.....
> The system boots with bash and I can mount, run programs, etc....

Good.

> The I build "my own" startup stuff. A /sbin/init.d/xxx , etc/rc.d/xxx
> and so on. I also build a sysvinit-2.78 (and 2.77 before), but the
> `init' has it's problems. The error message is:

Make sure you don't have multiple init's. The kernel will look in several
places and I don't remember what order it looks in. If you only have one then
that's the only one it can find :)

Are you still having problems with the init in the base tarball? Is it
important to you to build your own init? If it is reply privately and maybe I
can help.

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation