[parisc-linux] hppa-linux support needed for libgc5

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 10:32:19 -0600

Hi HP_PA LINUX hackers,

The package libgc("a conservative garbage collector for C and C++") needs some
hppa-linux specific changes. Right now it assumes that hppa means HP-UX. The
upstream source is,

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/

and the debian package is named libgc5.

The build uses a program called if_mach to determine the arch/os and it does
that by looking at the file "gcconfig.h".

In that file(version 5.3 of libgc) the lines 141-148, 979-1016, 1320-1325 are
the ones we care about.  libgc5 is needed as a build/runtime dependency for
several packages in Debian, most notably the gcc source package. I will hack
it for now but we need to get real support added soon. Could somebody with
more hppa experience take a look at it?

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation