[parisc-linux] Running Linux on HP G70 Machine

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:36:25 +0100

On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 10:19:30AM +0800, Jason Wong wrote:
> I have a fairly old HP G70 machine sitting in the store room... I wish to
> try linux on it, but don't know how to get started, can you show me where to
> get some documentations on how to get the sources, perhaps which
> distribution to try?

FAQ:

The earliest PA-RISC servers have proprietary HP devices attached to
proprietary HP bus architectures. It is unlikely that documentation
on these busses and devices will ever become available, since so few
people are interested in spending any effort finding and releasing the
docs. Machines in this category are the E, F, G, H, I class (aka Nova)
and T500 series (Emerald) machines as well as some earlier, unlettered
servers.