binutils dhd

David Huggins-Daines dhd@linuxcare.com
27 Sep 2000 10:31:59 -0400

Alan Modra <alan@linuxcare.com.au> writes:

> The reason aligning won't always work is that import and long branch
> stubs are interspersed in the stub section, and PIC long branch
> stubs happen to be 12 bytes long.  Which messes with your carefully
> constructed 8 byte alignment.

No, the issue is the alignment of the distance between the GP and the
PLT, it has nothing to do with the placement of the stubs AFAIK.

> The proper fix is to use lr_sel and rr_sel when building the import stubs,
> so I'm reverting your change unless you have some other reason for wanting
> 8 byte alignment.

Okay, so long as this fixes it, I have no objections.  My changes were
pretty ugly anyway.

--
dhd@linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/
Linuxcare. Support for the revolution.