[parisc-linux] C100 and ccio-dma

Ryan Bradetich rbradetich@uswest.net
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 20:40:48 -0600

Erik & Grant,

I isolated the problem, and have checked in an updated ccio-dma driver
that should take care of this problem for you Erik.  The problem was with
the way the ccio-dma handled the scatter/gather lists.

The sym53c8xx driver asked the ccio-dma driver to map 2 maps of
64 - 1024k dma entries.  The ccio-dma driver would map an entire
block (8 pages) for each of the 128 1024k dma entries.  I have checked
in a new ccio-dma driver that handles the scatter/gather lists much
more intelligently.  With these changes I map the entire 128 - 1024k
dma entries into 3 blocks (32 pages).

Erik:  When you get a chance, would you try out the new ccio-dma
driver and see if that fixed your problem.  (I'm betting it will).

Grant: Would you mind reviewing the changes I made to make sure
I didn't do anything stupid :)  I also made several bug fixes that
should/could be ported to the sba driver as well.

There are still some problems with this driver I'm working on tracking
down...  If the pdir is really small (32 MB main memory) ... I get a
HPMC.  But it seems to work when memory is larger (ie 128 MB main
memory).

Thanks and good luck!

- Ryan