[parisc-linux] Dummies Guide

Andrew Park apark@cdf.toronto.edu
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:01:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Manus Hattingh wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have an idle HP 712/60, and I want to install LINUX. My UNIX knowledge is limited to basic file and network operations. Is there a dummies guide to installing LINUX on the HP and do I have to be an expert?

http://thepuffingroup.com/parisc/recipe.html

There really isn't an automated installer.  Although it's missing
some bits and pieces, above site has pretty thorough documentations,
at least it'll get you started.  I'm afraid that it may not be "dummy"
friendly though, but give it a try.

> What would the performance be like, in comparison with NT in Intel processors?

Well, parisc linux is still in the works.  Many features are missing
at the moment, so I don't think it's in compare-able (is this a word?)
shape.

Andrew Park

CDFlab Systems Administrator                       www.cdf.utoronto.ca |
GnuPG Signature              www.cdf.utoronto.ca/~apark/public_key.txt |