[parisc-linux] entry.S Invalid operands

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 22:08:45 -0700

Alan Modra wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Grant Grundler wrote:
> Well, some should have updated as I did another merge a few hours
> ago.  The previous merge was at a bad time, with some configure files
> broken.

More than about 30-50 files?
I didn't count but it was far more than my 24 line screen.

After rebuilding the binutils/gcc for XC, I can now build kernels again.

> The other likely possibility is that objects aren't being rebuilt even
> when source files are newer.  Dependency information in binutils might be
> wrong, or your version of make broken.

The former is possible though I had rebuilt from scratch.

I had to upgrade make to a newer version since gcc or binutils config
stops if make isn't at least version 3.78. I have 3.78.1.
Did that a few days ago...after dhd pointed out the obvious
config error.

thanks!
grant

Grant Grundler