[parisc-linux] entry.S Invalid operands

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 21:12:21 -0700

Alan Modra wrote:
> My guess is that you need to update your assembler.  The lines in question
> use register aliases instead of %r<num>:
>         depd            pte,8,7,prot
>
> pehc CVS before 2000-08-23 won't accept register aliases on all
> instructions.

Alan,

I had just updated gcc/binutils and rebuilt them today.
[ See build-tools/recipe.linux.
  "-u" forces an update and "-R" wipes out the build directories
  before building everything again. ]

I might be picking up "as" from someplace else...let me double check.
I am. My PATH is set to /opt/puffin/bin expecting linux-2.3/Makefile
to set CROSS_COMPILE to hppa-linux...so I end up with *native* toolchain.
arrrgggh.

thanks,
grant

Grant Grundler