[parisc-linux] FW: hpux 11.00 near success

=?iso-8859-1?Q?SOETE_Jo=EBl?= JSO@europay.com
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:50:45 +0200

Hi John,

I also try to rebuild tool chain with host=hppa-hpux as recommended in the
recipe html page but it failed:
not supported platform ... ? But as I just read recipe.hpux (and
recipe.linux) I just note that host is not anymore specified. Is it perhaps
the mistake? I will advise asap.

> used, which is a very old convention.  The palo makefile hasn't asked
> for that for a long time.
>
> Secondly, the error suggests that an old tool chain,
> or a new one built to the old recipe (without glibc etc...)
> is being used.

But glibc is not build with recipe.hpux neither recipe.linux also may I
assume that I have to use same configure options ?

> I recommend using a new tool chain.  Unfortunately we don't have

The tool chain which I just reach to rebuild successfully was date 20000829
as well as palo?

> pre-compiled binaries for HPUX so you'll have to build it, which can

I would also prefer to work on a Linux box (that why I try to build it) but
it is too difficult to obtain it.

> be VERY PAINFUL (be sure to get the LATEST version of GNU
> make).  The recipe

The GNU make release is 3.79. Is that exist a new one?

> to use is in CVS under build-tools.  Make sure your palo bits are up
> to date too...
>
> Good luck!
>
> 	-P

Thank for advises,
	Joel

This e-mail and any attachments to it may contain confidential information which is strictly intended for the use of the authorised recipient.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender by replying to this e-mail.
Thank you for your co-operation.