HP PA-RISC support

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 20:21:00 +0100

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 09:07:10AM -0400, Albert E. Whale wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> You may remeber me contacting you some time again regarding the D200
> Class Server I have at a customer Site.
>
> I am interested in installint Linux on the Server.  Is this platform
> supportted? Is there a distribution for it?  If not, can I help promote
> and or Beta test the environment to gain acceptance?

Hi, Albert.

I'm just about to leave on holiday for a month, so you're lucky you
caught me :-)  Linux does indeed boot on the D200, and the Alpha release
CD which is on the ftp site will run.  I'm not sure which devices will
be supported by that kernel, but it should be able to bring you to a
shell prompt.  The port is still a couple of months away from being
stable, so it's not really suitable for installing at a customer site yet.