[parisc-linux] glibc problem

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 15:16:59 -0600

> I did upgrade to latest glibc from the cvs and tried I still get the same
> error. Actually I restarted from scratch starting from binutils. I have
> seen some warning while I built gcc. The smallpart of gcc warnings are as
> follows:
[snip]
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h: In function `__stpcpy_small':
> In file included from /usr/include/string.h:346,
>                   from /opt/hp/gcc/gcc/system.h:176,
>                   from /opt/hp/gcc/gcc/explow.c:24:
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:611: warning: pointer targets in return differ

I don't think you want to be using the system includes. Perhaps you need to be
using the --with-headers= option and point it at your include directory. You
can get an include tarball from,

ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/src/include-latest.tar.gz

Unless you really want to hack the toolchain I would recommend the prebuilt
cross-compiler available at,

ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/LinuxX86/xc-latest.tar.gz

If you *do* want to hack the toolchain the build-tools cvs module has several
scripts that can help you with building.

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@fc.hp.com