[parisc-linux] gcc build failing, missing pthread.h

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:59:07 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Matt Taggart wrote:

> This is the first build I've done since October 16th. Since then David
> Huggins-Daines made a couple commits that may be related,

> tml

That's the one that caused your problem.
cvs diff -r1.2 -r1.3 libstdc++/stl/stl_config.h will show you why.

> I have tried configuring gcc with and without --disable-threads and get the
> same result. Where should pthread.h be coming from and why isn't it working
> automagically?

pthread.h comes from glibc/linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread/pthread.h

The answer seems to be to configure and install glibc with
--enable-add-ons, like so

<src_path>/glibc/configure --host=hppa-linux --build=i686-linux\
  --prefix=<dest_path> --with-headers=<src_path>/linux/include\
  --disable-profile --without-cvs --enable-add-ons

Time to update the recipe...

--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.