parisc asm questions

Randolph Chung randolph@tausq.org
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 16:16:12 -0700

> The add instruction doesn't use the carry bit as input, but it does
> produce a carry bit.  The addc instruction both uses and produces a carry
[...]

Thanks for the explanation. With some help from Grant on IRC I managed
to figure this out as well.

Another question though -- it looks like I cannot use r4 as a scratch
register as it messes with the stack. From looking at the documentation
(linux/Documentation/parisc/registers) it just says that the GRs are
used "as specified by ABI". Is this ABI documented some place? I did
look at the PDC documentation which lists some of the registers, but I
don't see anything about GR4.

randolph
--
   @..@                                         http://www.TauSq.org/