[parisc-linux] /proc/interrupts

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:41:22 +0200

Hi all,

I just committed changes, which fills in i386-compatible
interrupt-information into /proc/interrupts.

During the changes I inserted the constants IRQ_PER_REGION and
IRQ_REGION_SHIFT into asm-parisc/irq.h, which would allow us to reduce the
needed amount of static memory for the interrupt routing tables.

This change has following effects:
1. The until now used virtual IRQ's gets new numbers and increments in every
region by 32 for parisc32 and 64 for parisc64. The old IRQ regions
incremented by 256.
2. since we now shift by values of 5 (parisc32) or 6 (parisc64) bits, the
time needed to calculate the offsets may have changed. This needs to be
inspected.
3. the new algorithm needs less memory than before.

By default I left the current behaviour in CVS, but you may activate the new
algorithm by changing the "#if 0" to "#if 1" in asm-parsic/irq.h and tell me
what you think.

Thanks,
Helge.