[parisc-linux] Troubles following the 'recipe'

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 11:38:12 +1100 (EST)

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Brian Poole wrote:

> On 14 Oct 2000, David Huggins-Daines wrote:
> > Another thing - though 'hppa1.1-linux' works, you should use
> > 'hppa-linux' as the target instead.

The only thing this affects is later compiles of eg. the kernel, which
have Makefiles set up to expect a cross-compiler called hppa-linux-gcc

> > You should configure gcc with:
> >
> > ../gcc/configure --target=hppa-linux --prefix=$DEST --enable-languages=c
> >
> > If you want a cross-compiler for C++, you must build a cross-glibc
> > (using --prefix=$DEST/hppa-linux - important!) and then rebuild with
> > --enable-languages=c,c++.
> >
> > I thought the recipe had been updated (I *clearly* remember helping
> > write a functional one a while ago).  Are you sure this is a recent
> > version of it?
>
> This is off of http://thepuffingroup.com/parisc/recipe.html which says
> page was last modified 09/30/2000. Guess this puppy is a bit out of date
> despite what the page says because everything I've been doing is off that
> one. I noticed it building the Java, etc, but assumed that was just the
> way things were supposed to go. Any idea what you did with that functional
> one? ;)
>
> I'll try recompiling with the above stated configure and see if I get any
> better luck.

Bung your includes into ${DEST}/${TARGET}/include, as that is the
directory where a cross-compiler expects to find them (as you
found from the gcc -v).  That's the real fix to your problem.  Sorry I
didn't think of it earlier.

Alan Modra
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.