[parisc-linux] Troubles following the 'recipe'

David Huggins-Daines dhd@linuxcare.com
14 Oct 2000 18:00:56 -0400

Brian Poole <raj@cerias.purdue.edu> writes:

> And I configured it as per the recipe with..
>
> ../gcc/configure --target=hppa1.1-linux --prefix=$DEST --host=$MACH
> --disable-nls --without-libc

--without-libc does nothing.  You also need --enable-languages=c, or
else it will try to build ObjC, C++, Java, etc., all of which require
you to have a built libc.

Another thing - though 'hppa1.1-linux' works, you should use
'hppa-linux' as the target instead.

You should configure gcc with:

../gcc/configure --target=hppa-linux --prefix=$DEST --enable-languages=c

If you want a cross-compiler for C++, you must build a cross-glibc
(using --prefix=$DEST/hppa-linux - important!) and then rebuild with
--enable-languages=c,c++.

I thought the recipe had been updated (I *clearly* remember helping
write a functional one a while ago).  Are you sure this is a recent
version of it?

--
dhd@linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/
Linuxcare. Support for the revolution.