[parisc-linux] Troubles following the 'recipe'

Brian Poole raj@cerias.purdue.edu
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 16:18:56 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, John David Anglin wrote:

> Run the failing compilation with the gcc `-v' option to see the include search
> directories.

Ah this seems to yield a bit more light..

It ignores about 8 non-existent dirs..
(I've added BDIR=/home/raj/parisc/gcc-build to help shorten my typing.. no
mouse. DEST is still /usr/parisc :)

$DEST/hppa1.1-linux/bin/include
$DEST/hppa1.1-linux/lib/include
$DEST/hppa1.1-linux/include
$BDIR/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-linux/2.96/include
$BDIR/hppa1.1-linux/sys-include
$BDIR/hppa1.1-linux/include
$DEST/hppa1.1-linux/sys-include
$DEST/hppa1.1-linux/include

then outputs..

#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 .
 ../../../gcc/libio
 $BDIR/gcc/include
 $DEST/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-linux/2.96/include

Well now, it doesn't seem to be reading $DEST/include, why is it not?
Seems strange that I be the only one to encounter this problem, given
the same set of simple instructions. As well, how do I fix this?

In the Makefile under gcc-build it lists the includedir=${prefix}/include
and prefix as /usr/parisc, which looks correct.. ideas?

Thanks again,

-b