[parisc-linux] __hp9000s700 predefined

David Huggins-Daines dhd@linuxcare.com
11 Oct 2000 10:44:31 -0400

Grant Grundler <grundler@cup.hp.com> writes:

> John Marvin suggested we remove the __hp9000s700 from the pa-linux
> config files since it's HPUX crud. I think he's right since parisc-linux
> kernels are intended to run on both 700's and 800's.
> parisc-linux configs functionality in/out based on CONFIG_XXX flags
> or run-time checks (ie register_driver()).
> Can we remove the "-D__hp9000s700" from gcc/gcc/config/pa/pa-linux.h?

Yes

> Similarly, gcc/gcc/config/pa/pa-linux64.h has "-D__hp9000s800"
> which could/should be removed at the same time.

Yes

It's true, those defines are only there for compatibility with broken
HP/UX source.  I left them in because I figured it wouldn't break
anything.  If they really offend people I can certainly remove them :)

--
dhd@linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/
Linuxcare. Support for the revolution.