[parisc-linux] ntpd fails on mlockall()

David Huggins-Daines dhd@linuxcare.com
11 Oct 2000 10:47:40 -0400

Richard Hirst <rhirst@linuxcare.com> writes:

> timer_create() is in librt.a - anyone know whether we expect this to
> work or not atm?

librt.so you mean, and it may not actually work, because it pulls in
libpthread.so.  I did enough fixing of linuxthreads such that merely
linking with -lpthread doesn't break your program, but I expect there
might be other problems, and actually using threads almost certainly
will not work.  (we're still missing a few #defines in pt-machine.h,
which I'll put in today, maybe, but there are probably VM issues in
the kernel as well, and I don't know if clone(2) actually works).

--
dhd@linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/
Linuxcare. Support for the revolution.