[parisc-linux] HP 9000/735-125

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:04:49 +0100 (MET)

Hi Steve,

> My mistake! I did a full build with todays CVS and parport didn't die.
> So
> somewhere between the 17th and now parport must have been fixed.

I checked in yesterday a modified version of
/drivers/parport/parport_gsc.c with an "#if 0 ... #endif" in the code.
Could you try to boot again with "#if 1" (search for the text which says
something like "enable bidirectional PS/2 mode") and try again ?
If this hangs your machine I will implement a better work-around.

> Now, maybe you can help me identify my SCSI problem. I don't know if it
> is
> because of driver issues or a bad disk (completly likely).

I think Richard Hirst can help you much more with your SCSI-problems than
me.

NB: Does your chassis LEDs work with the new kernel, and if not, could you
send me your bootlog (or "dmesg | grep led") ?

Greetings,

	Helge