[parisc-linux] HP 9000/735-125

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:19:10 -0800

"Jorge L. deLyra" wrote:
> I just booted the palinux-0.5.iso CD on a HP 9000 model 735 workstation.
> It went on quite a bit before hanging immediatelly after reporting the
> serial ports. Gave large amount of what looks like traceback or state
> information. Question: would it do anyone any good if I tried to get
> everything the kernel said before the hang into a message in this list?

Certainly. I won't be able to debug the problems since I (a) don't have
the time too (unless it's obvious) and (b) don't have a 735 setup
for testing.

This is becoming a FAQ:
"My system crashed after ...  What should I do next?"

I'm thinking people in the support space would know how to write
this one really well :^)
Is I get one in the mail, I'll add it to our FAQ.

thanks,
grant

Grant Grundler
Unix Systems Enablement Lab