[parisc-linux] PDC firmware revision FAQ update

William Ferguson wferguson@server01.chatspace.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:35:36 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C05961.9E1AB8A8

Is the web server at www.parisc-linux.org down?  Can't seem to connect from
San Diego.

-----Original Message-----
From: Grant Grundler [mailto:grundler@cup.hp.com]
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2000 1:51 PM
To: parisc-linux@puffin.external.hp.com
Subject: [parisc-linux] PDC firmware revision FAQ update

Hi folks,

The issue of PDC/firmware revs came up locally and sounded like a FAQ.
I added

    "10. How can I check if the PDC (firmware) revision is the latest?"

and what I knew/could find to our FAQ at:

	http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq.html

The new FAQ entry should be visible to the world in the next hour or so.

    **** WARNING ****
    Firmware upgrades can *kill* your machine!
    **** WARNING ****

Don't do it just because. Read the FAQ carefully. Take the
time to figure out why you might need the upgrade and expose
yourself to this risk.

grant

ps. please don't ask me why your favorite machine's PDC isn't listed.
   I don't run the referenced sites.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C05961.9E1AB8A8

RE: [parisc-linux] PDC firmware revision FAQ update